Last updated January 4, 2022
These Terms of Service (“Terms”) describe our commitments to you, and your rights and responsibilities when using our services. Please read them carefully and reach out to us if you have any questions. If you don’t agree to these Terms, don’t use our services.
Terms of Service
These Terms govern your access to and use of the products and services we provide through or for takeofftechnical.com, referred to herein as “Services.”
Please read these Terms carefully before accessing or using our Services. By accessing or using any part of our Services, you agree to be bound by all of the Terms and all other operating rules, policies, and procedures that we may publish via the Services from time to time (collectively, the “Agreement”). You also agree that we may automatically change, update, or add on to our Services, and this Agreement will apply to any changes.
“You” means any individual or entity using our Services. If you use our Services on behalf of another person or entity, you represent and warrant that you’re authorized to accept the Agreement on that person’s or entity’s behalf, that by using our Services you’re accepting the Agreement on behalf of that person or entity, and that if you, or that person or entity, violates the Agreement, you and that person or entity agree to be responsible to us.
“Us” or “We” refers to Takeoff Technical LLC of Minnesota, the owning party of the Services.
“Website Host” refers to the WordPress.com website hosting platform for this website. Please note that your use of takeofftechnical.com is also governed by the WordPress.com Terms of Service.
2. Your Account
We may limit your access to our Services until we’re able to verify your account information, like your email address.
When you create an account, we consider that to be an inquiry about our products and services, which means that we may also contact you to share more details about what we have to offer (i.e., marketing). Don’t worry — if you aren’t interested, you can opt out of the marketing communications, whether it’s an email, phone call, or text message.
You’re solely responsible and liable for all activity under your account. You’re also fully responsible for maintaining the security of your account (which includes keeping your password secure). We’re not liable for any acts or omissions by you, including any damages of any kind incurred as a result of your acts or omissions. If you get fired because of a comment you write about your boss, that’s on you.
Don’t share or misuse your access credentials. And notify us immediately of any unauthorized uses of your account, store, or website, or of any other breach of security. If we believe your account has been compromised, we may suspend or disable it.
3. Minimum Age Requirements
Our Services are not directed to children. You’re not allowed to access or use our Services if you’re under the age of 13 (or 16 in Europe). If you register as a user or otherwise use our Services, you represent that you’re at least 13 (or 16 in Europe). You may use our Services only if you can legally form a binding contract with us. In other words, if you’re under 18 years of age (or the legal age of majority where you live), you can only use our Services under the supervision of a parent or legal guardian who agrees to the Agreement.
4. Responsibility of Visitors and Users
Text, photos, videos, audio, code, software, items for sale, and other site materials are referred to as “Content.” We haven’t reviewed, and can’t review, all of the Content posted by users in the form of comments. Content posted by us is reviewed in good faith, but is subject to the same terms as all Content (including content posted by users) on this site. We haven’t reviewed, and can’t review, all of the websites that link to, or are linked from, our Services. We’re not responsible for any use or effects of third-party websites.
- We don’t have any control over third-party websites.
- A link to or from one of our Services does not represent or imply that we endorse any third-party website.
- We don’t endorse any Content or represent that Content is accurate, useful, or not harmful. Content could be offensive, indecent, or objectionable; include technical inaccuracies, typographical mistakes, or other errors; or violate or infringe the privacy, publicity rights, intellectual property rights, or other proprietary rights of third parties.
- You’re fully responsible for the Content that you post to this website, and any harm resulting from that Content. It’s your responsibility to ensure that your posted Content abides by applicable laws and by the Agreement.
- We aren’t responsible for any harm resulting from anyone’s access, use, purchase, or downloading of Content, or for any harm resulting from third-party websites. You’re responsible for taking the necessary precautions to protect yourself and your computer systems from viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and other harmful or destructive content.
- We are not a party to, and will have no responsibility or liability for, any communications, transactions, interactions, or disputes between you and the provider of any comment.
Please note that additional third-party terms and conditions may apply to Content you download, copy, purchase, or use.
We love hearing from you and are always looking to improve our Services. When you share comments, ideas, or feedback with us, you agree that we’re free to use them without any restriction or compensation to you.
6. General Representation and Warranty
Our mission is to entertain through the exploration and discussion of technology. We encourage you to participate in this discussion, subject to a few requirements. In particular, you represent and warrant that your use of our Services:
- Will be in strict accordance with the Agreement;
- Will comply with all applicable laws and regulations (including, without limitation, all applicable laws regarding online conduct and acceptable content, privacy, data protection, the transmission of technical data exported from the United States or the country in which you reside, the use or provision of financial services, notification and consumer protection, unfair competition, and false advertising);
- Will not be for any unlawful purposes, to publish illegal content, or in furtherance of illegal activities;
- Will not infringe or misappropriate the intellectual property rights of Takeoff Technical LLC or any third party;
- Will not overburden or interfere with our systems or impose an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure, as determined by us in our sole discretion;
- Will not disclose the personal information of others;
- Will not be used to send spam or bulk unsolicited messages;
- Will not interfere with, disrupt, or attack any service or network;
- Will not be used to create, distribute, or enable material that is, facilitates, or operates in conjunction with, malware, spyware, adware, or other malicious programs or code;
- Will not involve reverse engineering, decompiling, disassembling, deciphering, or otherwise attempting to derive the source code for the Services or any related technology that is not open source; and
- Will not involve renting, leasing, loaning, selling, or reselling the Services or related data without our consent.
7. Copyright Infringement and DMCA Policy
As we ask others to respect our intellectual property rights, we respect the intellectual property rights of others. If you believe any Content violates your copyright, please contact us. Our Website Host also provides a Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”) Policy for you.
8. Intellectual Property
The Agreement doesn’t transfer any Takeoff Technical LLC or third-party intellectual property to you, and all right, title, and interest in and to such property remains (as between Takeoff Technical LLC and you) solely with Takeoff Technical LLC. Using our Services doesn’t grant you any right or license to reproduce or otherwise use any Takeoff Technical or third-party trademarks.
We may update, change, or discontinue any aspect of our Services at any time. Since we’re constantly updating our Services, we sometimes have to change the legal terms under which they’re offered. The Agreement may only be modified by a written amendment signed by an authorized executive of Takeoff Technical LLC, or if we post a revised version. We’ll let you know when there are changes: we’ll post them here and update the “Last Updated” date. Your continued use of our Services after the new terms take effect will be subject to the new terms, so if you disagree with the changes in the new terms, you should stop using our Services.
We may terminate your access to all or any part of our Services at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice, effective immediately. We have the right (though not the obligation) to, in our sole discretion, (i) refuse or remove any content that, in our reasonable opinion, violates any of the Agreement or any Takeoff Technical LLC policy, or is in any way harmful or objectionable, or (ii) terminate or deny access to and use of any of our Services to any individual or entity for any reason. We will have no obligation to provide a refund of any fees previously paid.
Our Services are provided “as is.” Takeoff Technical LLC and its suppliers and licensors hereby disclaim all warranties of any kind, express or implied, including, without limitation, the warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. Neither Takeoff Technical LLC, nor its suppliers and licensors, makes any warranty that our Services will be error free or that access thereto will be continuous or uninterrupted. Neither Takeoff Technical LLC, nor its suppliers and licensors, warrants that the Services are free of viruses or other harmful components. To the full extent permissible by law, Takeoff Technical LLC and its suppliers and licensors will not be liable for any damages of any kind arising from use of the Services or any Content obtained through the services, including, but not limited to, direct, indirect, incidental, punitive, and consequential damages. You understand that you download from, or otherwise obtain content or make purchases through, our Services at your own discretion and risk.
Any dispute or claim relating in any way to your use of the Services will be adjudicated in the state or Federal courts in Ramsey County, Minnesota, and you consent to exclusive jurisdiction and venue in these courts. You waive any right to a jury trial.
13 Applicable Law
By using the Services, you agree that applicable federal law, and the laws of the state of Minnesota, without regard to principles of conflict of laws, will govern these Terms of Service and any dispute of any sort that might arise between you and Takeoff Technical LLC.
You agree to indemnify and hold harmless Takeoff Technical LLC, its contractors, and its licensors, and their respective directors, officers, employees, and agents from and against any and all losses, liabilities, demands, damages, costs, claims, and expenses, including attorneys’ fees, arising out of or related to your use of our Services.
15 US Economic Sanctions
You may not use the Services if such use is inconsistent with U.S. sanctions law or if you are on any list maintained by a U.S. government authority relating to designated, restricted or prohibited persons.
These Terms were originally written in English (US). We may translate these terms into other languages, and in the event of a conflict between a translated version of these Terms and the English version, the English version will control.
17 Marketing Disclosure
Takeoff Technical LLC operates as a for-profit business. Your use of the Services may generate revenue for us through displayed advertising and affiliate marketing. When you click on links or advertisements presented with the Content, we may earn a small commission. Additionally, third parties may sponsor Content on the site.
The Agreement (together with any other terms we provide that apply to any specific Service) constitutes the entire agreement between Takeoff Technical LLC and you concerning our Services. If any part of the Agreement is unlawful, void, or unenforceable, that part is severable from the Agreement, and does not affect the validity or enforceability of the rest of the Agreement. A waiver by either party of any term or condition of the Agreement or any breach thereof, in any one instance, will not waive such term or condition or any subsequent breach thereof.
Takeoff Technical LLC may assign its rights under the Agreement without condition. You may only assign your rights under the Agreement with our prior written consent.